…but not a quiet home!
We are thrilled to have avoided a return trip to Boston Children’s this past Labor Day weekend. We honestly had little hope for this weekend given how Soren’s health took a nosedive during the last cycle. Although the first few days after his chemo were brutal, he slept it off like a champion.
Our highlights include:
- two super play dates with good buddies
- successful assembly, with less than a dozen age-appropriate fits, of a Lego X-Wing starfighter (which, Star Wars fans, is as awesome as you think it is)
- two yummy home-cooked BBQ dinners accompanied by fresh produce from some of you
- an actual time-out for ordinary bad behavior, because it wasn’t related to Soren being sick, but rather being a testing 6-yr-old
- no yucky, painful mouth sores
- a bike ride / jog with dad and some pool play
- the # of pills per day declining from ~15 to ~5 over the past week.
P.S. A final quick note to all of our former water polo (UM and MSU) teammates: you are all amazing. The last 10 years have obviously muted the challenges of playing for/with Coaches Cooper and turned our better days into even rosier memories. Thankful doesn’t cut it: we hope our boys Soren and Harlan get a chance to learn about water polo and life from you as well.